Sunday, November 11, 2012

Strawberry CoolWhip Cake Cookies

Yum! I am really glad I tried a recipe pin this time. I chose a simple recipe from Sweet Jeanette. This recipe only calls for 4 ingredients (my kind of baking) and looked super simple (and super yummy!)


Pinned Image


I don't really like the idea of powdered sugar, so I skipped this step and instead, added mini chocolate chips. Also, the original recipe had a bake time of 10 minutes in a 350 degree oven, but I found that they were still lukewarm at that point. Mine took 20 minutes.

I have to say, these cookies are probably one of the best I have ever had. They are moist, flavorful and (again) really easy to make. This is my version:

This shows the before and after baked versions. I did opt to use the food coloring so they would turn out a little more pink, but the baking browned them up more than I expected.

So, here is my modified recipe:

1 egg, slightly beaten
1 box Strawberry cake mix
1 8oz. tub of CoolWhip (from refridgerator)
Mini-choco chips

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixer, add the slightly beaten egg, cake mix, tub of CoolWhip and mini-chocolate chips to your liking. Mix on medium speed for about 2 minutes then scrape down the sides of your mixing bowl. Finish mixing until all of the whipped topping is incorporated.

Drop your dough onto parchment paper (about a heaping tablespoon's worth) and bake for 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Enjoy!



Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment